When buying a dropped axle please make sure you have safe scrub line clearance with the amount of drop you choose .
To figure scrub line clearance with axle in car or truck.
- Measure bottom of axle to ground
- Measure bottom of wheel to ground
- Subtract #2 from #1
- Equal Old Scrub Line
- Now Subtract amount of axle drop you want from Old Scrub line
- Equal New Scrub Line
- You want to end up with clearance.
- This is to be safe if driving down Highway and you blew out both front tires.
- You don't want axle to be a plow.